from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Here is something easy you and your family can do to truly give thanks on Thanksgiving Day and bring a smile to someone else.
- In advance of Thanksgiving, think of someone for whom you are truly grateful. It could be a teacher you once had, someone who has helped you in the last year, or anyone who has made a difference in your life.
- Track down a phone number for this person.
- Call them on Thanksgiving Day and very briefly explain that there is a tradition in your family to call someone for whom you are extremely grateful and for this year you have chosen ____.
- If you are worried the person won't be home on Thanksgiving, try to reach one of their family members prior to Thanksgiving and find out where you can reach them that day.
- You will be surprised how good you can make someone else feel and how good you feel yourself.
- Be brief
- Realize the person may at first think you are interrupting their holiday, or are a sales person.
- Be prepared that someone who was special to you in your past might not remember you as well as you remember them.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Create a New Thanksgiving Tradition. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.